April 03, 2008

A Friday-kind-of-Thursday

It's Thursday, everyone. But it feels like a Friday. Have you ever feel that way? It makes you want to rip your hair out because you WANT it to be Friday (which means weekend is just right around the corner). Kinda sucks, but oh well... only two days to weekend, and I've got my Chai Latte and French Toast for breakfast so I'm full and happy :) Hehehe (Doesn't take much to make me happy, does it?)

Anyway, just a quick update... I did some re-designing of my blog layout last night! I've always wanted to have ruffle-like borders but I didn't know how to do it, until last night when I played around with Photoshop and think of something that might do the trick. And it did! I am so happy on the way it looks! It's not perfect, but at least I'm getting somewhere... I might changed the header as well in the near future, as I'm currently looking for some inspirations.

Haha.. this shows that I'm the type of person who gets bored with things really easily and always wants to find a way to 'spice things up' a little, I guess :P

Last Sunday night, my friends and I went to Long Bar in Pagoda Hotel to watched Meli performed. She is Fang's little sister and she's very talented in music. She's now currently studying contemporary Jazz (I think) in ECU and she sings like an angel! She's the vocalist for WAYJO (Western Australia Youth Jazz Orchestra) and they performed in Long Bar once a month performing Jazz, Swing and Big Band numbers. I'm really into those kind of music so I always enjoyed their performances.

In WAYJO performances, they always have this huge group of swing dancers from various dance clubs around WA. It's kind of cool seeing them dancing to the numbers. Sometimes they have weird movement which makes me want to laugh at them, but most of them are really good in their dancing.

I was just saying to Fang and our other friends, if we were living in the 'Grease' era - this would be what we were doing on weekends - out dancing!! A proper dancing, not like the one in nightclubs. The blokes would dress up and so would the girls. All the glitz and glamour of yesteryear... Ah, what a bliss! I would dress up like what Olivia Newton John did in Grease... will the guys dress up like John Travolta? I leave that up to you!


I've got chills, they're multiplying!

Then we were thinking on how lifestyle in yesteryears are a little bit more cultured than ours now. The guys were (at least I think they were) gentlemen, who will give up their seats for the ladies, who will opened the door, lift their hats off to greet them, and so on and so forth. Instead of getting drunk and going to nightclubs, they go dancing, eat at diners, and drive-in movies. Which I think is really cute. And don't get me started on the dresses!!! They just don't make dresses like they used to, do they? *sigh*

Hmm... Maybe I should do a Grease-themed Costume Party? I think that'll be super fun!









Share/Save/Bookmark

0 thoughts: