April 14, 2008

Monday morning came too soon!

Hello Upper East Siders,
(ok, I'm officially hooked on Gossip Girl. The new season's coming up on 21st April! yeaaayy)

How was your weekend? I hope everyone had a great one! Mine was busy busy busy and full on. On Friday night, my friends and I went to try out the new Tony Roma's restaurant in CBD. I've always love Tony Roma's - been eating since I was in junior high school back then in Jakarta, Indonesia.

Since it had just opened, I think, last week - they didn't take bookings by phone calls, so we have to physically be there and put our names down and wait impatiently patiently. And so, that was exactly what we did. We waited for around 45 minutes - it was packed! But then the owner felt bad and offered us a free complimentary onion loaf and drinks at the bar while we were waiting, so YAY! that's what you called getting the best from both worlds :)

So anyway, the wait was worth it. The 'Original Baby Back Ribs' was everything I hoped for. Juicy, spicy and yummy! Ka Ira and I shared a full slab of ribs and all of us shared the entree that Jibo ordered (yep, Jibo eats a lot when Xenia's not around. Haha). The night was full of laughter and VERY interesting conversations *wink*. I came home with fuller tummy and lighter steps. Oh, how I love Friday nights - and it was Moni's birthday... so happy happy birthday, Monceeeeeeeee!!! :)

My excitement was captured by Chris that night. Ok, fine. I love food, so what?? :P

Saturday was not like any other Saturdays. I had two parties to attend in one day and one of them was organized by me. So I was practically running around like a mad woman the whole day, trying to get things done! Luckily I had my friends who helped me majorly - thanks guys!

The first party was for Pastor D's birthday which was held at his beautiful house. The food? don't ask - it was top notch! All my favorite Indonesian cooks in Perth (red: Tante Yanti, Tante Retno and Ci Erika!) indulged us me with all those yummy food I missed! I didn't eat a lot, but enough to make me feel bloated and full! So, happy birthday Pastor D! You might be 40 years old now, but you looked young and handsome still! :P

The second party of the day was Sandriana's Appreciation Dinner aka Farewell Party. It was bittersweet for my friends and I, because San-San is a good friend of ours. Liza, Ka Ira, Fang-Fang and I organized her farewell party at Terrazza Nedlands. We also made her a scrapbook full of 'questionnaires' filled by Rockers about her. It was hilarious to see them trying to fill out the questionnaires - they said it was harder than an exam! Haha, sorry guys! :)

Anyhoo, Ka Ira and I decorated the function room we booked upstairs for the party. Because San-San is petite, cute, bubbly and girlie - I've decided to use all pastel colors in the room - dominated by pink. This is how it looks like...







We've used balloons for the all over decoration in the room. I've purchased bunches of light peach and light mauve roses, as well as a yellow and light green... er.. flower (I don't know what it's called!) and made centrepieces combining all four colours. It was pretty! It's very shabby chic! (I'm soooo gonna do it for my wedding. Someday. Somehow. HAHA). We've also borrowed the church's lanterns to put as centrepieces as well. Thankfully, I still have the light pink and light green napkins from Xenia's baby shower that I didn't use - we alternate the two of them together with the cutleries. And for the icing on the cake - butterfly confetties all over the table cloth. For short: it sort of looked like a 'Rose Garden' theme party :P and I absolutely LOVE it!


San-San and her scrapbook - her homework to read for the night :)

I (heart) San-San :: I'm gonna miss this girl so much :(


The girls and I also made a scrapbook for San-San. We handmade thIte cover of the scrapbook - with collages of patterned papers in different kinds of pink - and a dash of bejewelled add-ons. The scrapbook was titled 'San-San & I' - and was finished by Liza in that very afternoon! Thanks heaaaaps, Sasa! :) It looks like that San-San had a lovely night - and that's enough for us :)

It's so sad to see her go - but on the other hand, I'm also excited for her as she will embrace new adventures ahead. She's like a superwoman. Tiny but powerful! There's nothing she cannot do (and I mean it!). She's a great assett to THE ROCKS, a great friend, a great sister-in-Christ and a partner in crime :P I will definitely miss her a lot and the times we've spent together... Don't forget us, San! You will always be our San-San!

And on Sunday - the usual stuff... serving in Church and it was great! Then Liza, Adeline, San-San and I went for a chit-chat girl talk at the Coffee Club in Carousel. Their Coffee Club Baked Cheesecake was the highlight of the afternoon - it was beautiful! We talked and talked for hours - then eventually went home when we realized we spent 4 hours doing that! Anyhoo, I spent the rest of the night at Fang's place - watching TV and eating dinner, catching up with each other. It was Wayne's birthday, by the way - but he's too busy doing his scuba diving thing and didn't have time to catch up with us! BOO!!! Hehehe :P Anyway, happy happy birthday Wendis!

*Pheeeww* that was my weekend. Three birthdays in a row, two parties and one hectic Sunday. And I've got an ever-growing tummy because of too much food intake! There's nothing else I want more than to take a sickie today - but unfortunately I couldn't since it's always so busy on Mondays and I just took a sickie last week. Stupid, stupid girl! Anyhoo, I still think Monday morning always came too soon - and weekends are never enough!

Happy Monday, everyone. Hope yours is better than mine :)



xoxo






Share/Save/Bookmark

4 thoughts:

Missy,Mrs and Mum said...

Beautiful photos! It looks a fab place!
I was just reading your post on happily ever after and i've always realised that it hardly ever happens! Maybe don't believe it and it will happen!

Anonymous said...

*Slurrpppp* Baby back rib is the best!

-FF-

Anonymous said...

Soo shabby chic!!! :P

-FF-

Anonymous said...

Soo shabby chic!!! :P

-FF-