April 29, 2008

Bittersweet Symphony

Mood: blessed ^_^
Listening to: The Verve - Bittersweet Symphony


Everyone knows that I love to eat. I love to snack. I love to nibble. And one of my favorite treats while relaxing is dark chocolate. No, I don't like milk chocolate or white chocolate. I only love dark ones. Apparently eating a small bar of dark chocolate is really good for your health. Afterall, chocolate is an aphrodisiac - it produces endorphine, the happyderm. That's why it's very effective to eat chocolate during your mood swings, it helped to calm your nerves down (ok ok, mine mostly!).


And why dark chocolate, did you say? Probably because it has a unique taste - a combination of bitter and sweet into one. It doesn't get you naseous (as you do if you eat anything too sweet). Dark chocolates are good for the heart, the blood circulation, improve digestion and stimulate kidney, and so much more. It's like the perfect bittersweet symphony - that makes you happy :)

Life is like that sometimes, isn't it? Forrest Gump said "Life is like a box of chocolate, you never know what you're gonna get." Indeed, life is a bittersweet symphony. Sometimes you're on top of the world, you've got everything going on for you - but then one minute later, you're in your lowest darkest valley and you feel like nothing (or no one) could pull you back.

Last Sunday, Ps Mike Rumende (the newest addition to The ROCKS family, welcome Ps Mike!) shared about being in sync with God's purpose - and how that road to the 'There' He has prepared for us won't be smooth. Sometimes He would take the highway, rather than 'my way' - full of obstacles, trials, examinations - until you've reached the Promised Land.

Ps Mike pointed out some interesting illustration about this - this particular one appealed to me the most. It's an extract from the book of Exodus - 15:25. It was when the Israelites were thirsty and they had no decent water to drink. The water was bitter, so Moses cried out to God, asking for His help - and He delivered a wood. Moses threw the wood into the water, and the water becomes sweet. "There the LORD made a decree and a law for them, and there he tested them."

Our lives were once like that bitter water. We couldn't drink from it so our thirst were not quenched. We cried out to someone - that higher power that created Heaven and Earth. He sent the Wood - which is Jesus Christ to rescue us. Our lives are paid in full by His Blood. He gave us that privilege to sit at the right hand of God - equal to Himself, as God's sons and daughters. That wood made the water sweet - and so does Jesus to our lives.

Bitterness is essential. Trials, disappointments and those obstacles are essential for our growth. To actually living God's purpose - we need to be dependant on Him. To always have that 'point of desperation' that allows God to show His powers and to perform His miracles in our lives, until we have that 'The Lord is my ______' moments. Only if we let God be who He is - that our lives will be changed, our circumstances will be won over.

I am very blessed to say that, today, the Lord has answered one of my prayers - in a time period which is unbelievable since I was just praying about it two nights ago. When I found out about this answer to my prayer - I couldn't say anything. I was speechless, and I almost cried (but that wouldn't be funny since I was at work!) but God has perform a breakthrough. When He ensured me that He is mighty to save me, He is indeed! Everything will be beautiful in His time - and I'm still waiting on Him to showed me the way to my Promised Land.

The truth is.. if I hadn't make that mistake in my life and reached that desperation, I wouldn't call on God to help me (Heck, I would be a major hypocrite) and He wouldn't have a platform to perform His miracles... How awesome is that!

Life is a bittersweet symphony. But only when you acknowledge that bitterness and overcame it, you will appreciate the sweetness even more when it comes. Now, that's what I call an aphrodisiac :)



***

Share/Save/Bookmark

3 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

your blog layout is really cute! and you write really beautifully

kezia*anastasia said...

thanks so much for your kind comment :) i sure hope that you like it!

Anonymous said...

It's time to buy a car!!! :P

-FF-