April 04, 2008

TGIF!

Yaaaaaayyyy.. it's Friday! My favorite day of the week (apart from public holidays). I have a friend's birthday party tonight - so that'll be a nice change for me because I usually stayed at home and be lazy with DVDs. I haven't got a chance to think about what I'm going to wear, well, I just have to rampage my wardrobe again tonight, because I can't find anything to wear yesterday (I'm getting fat!). But maybe I was just too tired to look... Fingers crossed!

Anyway... My lovely friend, Liza just told me about this phenomenal comeback of...

*drum rolls please*

NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK!

Yes yes, NKOTB has officially reunited. They performed on the TODAY show in Rockafeller Plaza. How long ago was it after they broken up? 14 years or so? Man, that was a long time ago... I was just.... 9 years old! I still remember how I used to love that 'Step by Step' song. I grew up with that song in my head. Xenia, Arianty and I even sang the 'Happy Birthday' song by NKOTB at Carrina's Sweet Seventeen a few years back as well.

I remembered that Joey McIntyre had a single back then called 'Stay The Same' which is quite a huge success, but it was just a one-hit wonder. Jordan Knight also had a one-hit wonder, i think it was 'Give It To You' or something... I kinda like that song actually, and I have to say the dance moves were hot!

So yeah, do you still remember what Joey McIntyre, Donnie Wahlberg (he's Mark Wahlberg's brother, btw) Jordan Knight, Jonathan Knight and Danny Wood looked like 14 years ago? Hmm.. let's compared it with the 'now' edition.


Then: ahh... pay attention to the Rooster-like quiffs.. the outfit and those baby faces.


Now: sleek, mature, and manly? er... doesn't Donny Wahlberg looked EXACTLY like Mark Wahlberg?


You can read the full news here regarding the group comeback. Man, this reminds me of that movie 'Music & Lyrics' where Hugh Grant played a 80's pop band has-been trying to make a comeback in the new millenium. Anyway, all the best to NKOTB! I hope they still have the 'charm' to wow us with their songs eventhough they more like Old Kids On The Block now (OKOTB).

And now, to freshened up your memory - or just simply to indulge your inner youth... I'll leave you with this...


C'mon everybody siiiingggg.....


♪♫ Step by Steeeepppp.... Oooooohh Babyyy.. Gonna get to you giiiirrrllllll ♪♫


OK, I'm behaving like a 9 year old now :P

***




Share/Save/Bookmark

2 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Tas, di foto yg bawah, yg paling kanan kok jijay bgt si mukanya?? heuhueh favorit loe ya :P
-FF-

Oh for the love of food! said...

It's Great that they're making a come-back but the name "New Kids.." sounds a little silly when they're all middle aged now. Better stick to NKOTB which on the other hand is such a tongue twister!

My favourite song was 'Please don't go Gurrrrrll..'

See you in 3 weeks Sweetheart! MUAW!!