May 21, 2008

Simpletons

Mood: thoughtful
Listening to: Colbie Caillat - Magic

Aloha people!

A friend of mine forwarded this email to me with a video of a cute lil baby boy who laughed histerically over paper-tearing! It's hilarious to see how he laughed - seemed like he was enjoying himself so much he didn't care about anything else. It's true, baby does not need expensive toys, so we could forget Toy shopping for Christmas and birthdays for them?


Anyway, it got me thinking. When was the last time we laughed like he laughed? When was the last time you enjoyed simple pleasures in life without getting distracted by your routines or responsibilities? Since when did we become 'complicated' and not being the 'simpletons' that we were?

Ah, I remembered when I was a little girl. I had a happy childhood, I must say. I remembered of not having to care about the world's problems, of not feeling like you have the burden of the world on your shoulders. The only problems you face were whether you are able to watch your favorite cartoon without finishing your homework first (turned out to be that you CAN'T *sigh*), whether your mum and dad would buy you that toy you want so badly (and for my case, it was a Goggle Pink figurine... I know) or what to play with your friends on a weekend afternoon.

As we grow up, our eyes has been opened to all the imperfections of life. People disappointed you, friends betrayed you, your plans don't work, you're not happy with yourself and so on and so forth. How did we get here? How did we forget to love life itself? We only have one shot in life, better make it count, right?

Life is complicated as it is, do not complicate it even more. Keep it simple. Live your day one day at a time. Sure, you've set your short-term and long-term goals - keep trying to fulfill it at your best capabilities, but don't stress yourself too much. Yeah, I'm preaching to the choir. Being an overthinker, I often stressed myself out. I think about things too much, feel too much, and without I realize it, I've depressed myself. I forgot how to 'enjoy' life and all the things that comes with it. After all my blog does entitled 'Life, Love and Laughter' and I should live up to it.

What are my simple pleasure in life... I asked myself that very question tonight. I believe that it's your friends and family who made your world, no matter where. Perth - as boring as it is - seemed so much more fun when you have your loved ones around you. Your joys seemed to doubled and your sorrows seemed to eased.

I hope that we all could laugh like that lil cute baby everyday of our lives :)

xoxo


Share/Save/Bookmark

1 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Love kids & shopping for them.... recently have bought some new clothes for my kids from WalMart.