May 29, 2008

Seriously not my day.

Mood: @#$%^&*!!
Listening to: Estelle (feat Kanye West) - American Boy

There are two things that totally bummed me out today.

My leave application for late August was not approved by my boss.
I was planning to go back to Indonesia in late August to be with my family, because during October-February we were not allowed to take any leave at work due to busy times at work during those months, which is fair enough. So, I thought to myself "maybe it's a good idea to go home late August since my sis will have her holiday too, so we can be together in Indo for a couple of weeks".

With great expectations, I've submitted my leave application form last week to my boss to find out today that it was not approved! The reason was because I haven't been there for a year, that means I'm not 'entitled' for annual leave. However, that guy who works in the workshop - which hasn't work with us a year (maybe, nearly - but not quite) has already have around 4 weeks holiday before this month AND he's leaving for another 2 weeks holiday next week! I'm like... what the heck is happening??!! this is so unfair! :(

I told my mum just now, and she was quite sad about the idea of us not being able to be with each other in August... however, she really wants to see me, so she said she wants to go here around that time to visit me, with my dad and my lil sis! yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy!! I miss them so much I could cry, honestly! My dad has never been to Perth before, and he's so eager to see the landscape (he can't help himself, really. What's an Architect to do, hey?) in Perth, which I believe is one of the best in the world.

So, fingers crossed! Hopefully they will be able to come here and see me...

Due to *new* company policy, Internet and E-mail are RESTRICTED for private use.
Okay, let's face it... we - working class people - loved to forward funny e-mails and browse here and there when we feel that we 'had enough for the moment' and needed time to unwind. We e-mailed each other at work, just talking about random stuff to boost up our mood, or to organize what we should be doing on the weekend and what not. I was one of those people.

I think it was bad luck, my boss noticed the 'excessive amount of Internet usage' that's coming out and to my address. Most of them are forwarded e-mails (which made my day and also my colleagues, mind you) and of course, the occassional browsing on the internet when I feel bored and have nothing to do. She reckons that it slowed down the productivity of the company, EVENTHOUGH she admits that I've done a fabulous job in my department and never lack of anything.

So... she gave me a formal warning. A stupid FORMAL WARNING of using the Internet. Seriously, I think this is ridiculous. We need a break every now and then, and funny e-mails helped us to do just that! Sure, I can totally stopped the browsing, but WHAT IF I need to check something urgently in my bank account through the Internet? It's not like I'm on the net for hours and hours, and not doing my job. I concentrate on the job until it's finished, and when it's finished and I don't have anything to do.. then I browse for a couple of minutes. That's it! Gosh, I'm so pissed off. What she didn't know that my colleagues done the same thing, and I was the one who 'got caught'. Totally unfair.

Whoo-sahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

I have nothing left to say. Honestly, I'm just so pissed off now. Thank goodness for combat class - to channel my 'anger' and 'rage' into jabs, hooks, upper-cuts, front-kicks, jump-kicks, side-kicks, roundhouse-kicks, etc etc. T'was a good exercise today. But... I got so hungry I actually ate Indomie for dinner. There goes my effort to lose calories *sigh*.

Oh well, Thursday's here. One more day before the long weekend is here. Hang in there, friends!

xoxo

Share/Save/Bookmark

1 thoughts:

Oh for the love of food! said...

Oh Dear, what a bummer,huh Tazh? Well, never mind, at least we have the long weekend coming up and of course, we have your family coming over to look forward to! Can't wait to meet them..
Love ya Gurl!

Oh, enjoy Goong this weekend ;o)