March 19, 2008

♪ Spider Pig... Spider Pig ♫

Something happened to me. Something that I have never experienced before - and I would never thought it will happened to me. I got bitten by a spider... A SPIDER!!!!

It was a three-day process for me to figured out that I have been bitten by a spider and this is the chronology of the event...

Day 1
I went home from work on Wednesday, changed my clothes and went straight to a meeting at church. When I went home from that meeting, I found a tiny lump on my left arm - like a mosquito bite. I thought to myself "it's just a mozi bite, should be fine..." completely ignored it, and went to sleep peacefully.

Day 2
As soon as I arrived at the office, I felt that my left arm itched a bit. So, being me - a self-ignorant fool - I scratched it. You know that feeling when you have an itch that's very very itchy and you scratch it? feels so good, right? That's exactly what I was feeling. By afternoon, my whole left arm went red and even more itchy. I spent the whole night trying really hard not to scratch it, but failed!

Day 3
Woke up today, and to my horror, found that my arm was swelling. It was really big, red and VERY itchy. Even more itchy than yesterday. Even my left sleeve couldn't really fit into my left arm since it was really swelling. I still came up to work, however, when my colleagues saw it, they convinced me to book a doctor appointment right away.

Altogether now.... OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Funny enough, the doctor gasped in the sight of my arm. Was it that horrible??!!! Yes, it was! I was officially a she-hulk. A red she-hulk that is. He said that it was most likely a spider bite, to be precise, a whitetail spider bite. 95% of the bite is harmless, however - to those unlucky 5% - the poison from the spider's venom will 'eat' their muscle slowly and completely ruin it. SCARY!!

He said that I was lucky that I got treated as soon as possible, and that I had quite a strong reaction to the bite. He gave me tablets and creams to heal it. Kindly enough, my boss sent me home early because he was worried and he wants me to get some rest. Pretty much spent Friday night nursing my swollen arm at home.

What bummed me the most was that very Saturday was my friend's wedding. He was a very good friend of mine from college. I have thought about what dress I was going to wear, how I was going to do my hair, which shoes and which accessories I was going to wear - but apparently because of my horrid swollen arm - I had to cancel :(

Fang told me that the wedding was lovely, and knowing our friend - Ace aka Bryan (BRYAN??!! since whennnnn??!!) - is a VERY romantic person, he prepared a surprise firework for his new wife while her favorite song was played on the background. So sweet! I'm so sad I have to miss that...

But anyway, on a more positive note, due to my horrid swollen arm I get to rest the whole day Saturday at home, just being lazy. I'm still expecting symptoms of myself turning into spiderman. Tried the whole 'web throwing with 'metal' hand shape' but didn't work until now. Maybe it took some time for the spider DNA to adjust... However, since i'm a pig (because I love to eat and I do look like one, you know) that makes me not a spiderman... but a spider pig??


♪ Spider Pig, Spider Pig... Does whatever a Spider Pig does... Can she swing from a web? No, she can't. She's a pig. LOOK OUT! She is a Spider Pig ♪

Stupid Homer.

***


Share/Save/Bookmark

4 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Tasia, you will not turn into spiderman unless you are bitten by red back or bigger spider:P.
Yes, white tail spider will only make you a 'spider pig' hihihi :P

Tomorrow!!! Yeayy!!!

-Fang-

Jules said...

Well now...that would scare the crap out of me. Spider bites just scare the bajeezus out of me. Glad ot hear you're ok. :)

Ming the Merciless said...

Yikes! Sorry to hear about the spider bite and having to miss the wedding. Bummer!

Hope you are feeling better.

kezia*anastasia said...

Thank you everyone for your concern and care!

My arm's back to normal now and really hope that it won't ever happen to anyone!