March 12, 2008

Inspire me!

I don't know why but lately I don't have any inspiration on writing on my blog. Why is that so?? I guess that's because nothing's exciting is happening on my life lately. Basically, my life from Monday-Friday is about work - yes, I'm officially a workaholic.

One of my colleagues at work, Alisha, suddenly resigned about three weeks ago - without giving her two weeks notice. She had been working in the company for like 7 or 8 years and I have no idea why she quit. Anyway, by default, her work had been allocated to me and my other colleague, Alison. In the same time, we had another girl starting to work with us as our junior assistant and I'm the one appointed to trained her.

It was a real mess for the first week without Alisha here in the company - she basically runs the workshop and making sure that every job has been done in timely manner by the jewellers. Imagine me and Alison have to process the job, run around chasing it, and train a new person at the same time! It's CRAZY! I didn't go to lunch at the appointed time for like two weeks in a row, and basically exhausted when I got home.

And at this very moment, Alison's on a three-weeks holiday. A well-deserved holiday I say, because she's been working really hard. I was left with the department and the new girl. I was soooooo scared! Because that means I have to Alison's work too for three weeks. I prayed to God on Monday before I went to work... saying please help me and please make it easier in anyway possible. And so far so good, I got most of the jobs I need to get out up until Friday. We will have a training on a new system today so I will pretty much be away from my computer (I guess).

It's funny though... I have this one-year devotional calendar I put on my desk at the office. And for this whole time, all the encouragement words for the day up until today was about COURAGE and asking God for help in times of need. Coincidence? I don't think so :) God's timing is always right and there is NO such thing as coincidence.

Look at the bright side... Despite all the busy-ness of work, I've got more responsibility now. I've got entrusted more than what I used to. With great power comes great responsibilities I guess... and what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. And I love my job, my colleagues, my boss and the company! So, Praise God for allowing me to work here and to experience all these :)

But for now, let me just say... I am VERY looking forward for Easter holidays since a bunch of us will go away to Margaret River for three days! Note to self: take a lot of pictures and will definitely write about the trip here in the blog. Finally, some inspiration!

Oh hey... I wrote a post. I did.
Being a workaholic can be inspiring too at times, I guess :P

Over and out people.



You know you love me,
xoxo
Gossip Girl
(YES I'M ADDICTED TO THIS SERIES!!!!)


Share/Save/Bookmark

3 thoughts:

Ming the Merciless said...

Thanks for visiting NYC Daily Photo.

As for the job situation, I think it's time you walk into your boss' office and demand a BIG RAISE.

With Alisha gone and Alison on vacation, your boss is at your mercy. :-)

Good luck! I hope the next three weeks go smoothly for you.

kezia*anastasia said...

Thanks for visiting my humble blog, Ming!

I actually have thought of that... but haven't got the guts to do it just yet. Maybe i should... SOON.

Thank youuu :)

Anonymous said...

Yeayyy!!!! Road Trip!!!! Can't waittt!!!! :) :) :)
-Fang2-