March 25, 2008

An Easter Holiday

First of all, Happy Easter to all of you! I hope you had a great Easter because I had a fabulous one!
As I stated in my previous posts, some friends and I went down south on Easter holiday. This is actually the first Easter in six or seven years that I spent on holidays with friends. The past six Easters I spent serving in Church - don't get me wrong, it's great! but I just really want to have a holiday with friends and the only time we are able to do that was Easter because everyone is on holidays. So, apologies to Pastor D and Ci Hulda for not being able to be rostered this Easter - but I heard it was a great one so YAY!

We started the road trip on a very fine Friday morning. Woke up early and got picked up by the gank in our fabulous rented Hyundai Imax. To our surprise, the car was huge and spacious. It can fit 8 people easily without squishing anyone and all of our luggage.
As usual, Captain Chrizz has his GPS ready to guide us and Indra as the co-captain of the day. We stopped at Hungry Jack's @ Mandurah for brekkie - which was nice and head off straight to Margaret River.


the whole gank with our super spacious car

We stopped by for lunch at Cape Lavender. Too bad that the lavenders are not in season so only some of them were blooming. I must recommend this restaurant to everyone! Their food are gorgeous. I had their Spicy Squid for entree, Salmon with mashed potato and brocollini as my main and a Lavender Creme Brulee with Raspberry Shiraz as dessert. I gotta tell ya, the salmon is the best one I had so far in my entire life! I also brought home their lavender carbenet jam and lavender tea. Haven't tried them - but I will very very soon!



After lunch we head straight to our apartment. It was gorgeous - a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom apartment with spa. We also have tennis court (half of it though!), swimming pool and barbeque area. We didn't play tennis outdoor since it's only half court - but Indra brought Nintendo Wii and we had fun playing it. Fang knocked Indra out in boxing EVERYTIME! Domestic Violence, Australia Says NO!!!

We basically spent the trip with wine tasting - cheese tasting - eating, drinking and be merry - until our tummy is round and fat. To sum it all, it was very memorable and fun! I felt so relaxed and so at ease it's amazing. On our way back, we visit the famous Bunker Bay Resort - and man, it was gorgeous! it's like something that comes out of a postcard. The beach has white sand with a very very clear blue sea. Very tempted to actually jumped in and played in the sea - however since it's 'private property of the Bunker Bay guests only' and we kind of 'trespassing'. Well technically we had lunch there, so we're guests too I guess :P

we love Bunker Bay!! YEAAAYY.. (look at Chris's pose! *LOL*)

waiting eagerly for my lunch @ Bunker Bay Resort


I can't post too many pics here because we took SO MANY pictures with Indra's fabulous professional photography skills. Liza n Chris also had their so-called pre-prewed photos, if you know what I mean, which turned out beautifully. Well done and thank you, Indra! You could see the pics from the trip in his website: http://www.8round.com/album2.


Now I'm at my office - losing my will to work and wanting more holidays! We're actually planning to go on another road trip around September/October - so I'm searching for good holiday accommodations and booking them now!


So what did you do for Easter? I hope it's as great as mine - or greater even!
Happy Tuesday, everyone... and back to reality... *work, brain! work!!*
***



Share/Save/Bookmark

3 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Huhuhu..can't get enough of it!!! It was FUN!!! I really had a GREAT time with you guys :)
-Fang-

kezia*anastasia said...

true fang, true!!! it was so much FUN! i wish it could last forever. And now we're back to the reality - working our a** off to fund our next holiday *siiiiigh*

Oh for the love of food! said...

You Guys sure looked like you had a blast! Good for you, Tazh - you devote so much time serving in the worship team, so this is a truly well-deserved holiday! You look GORGEOUS as always - Love tha Audrey Hepburn Glasses! xo