August 12, 2007

Crafty crafty!

Another weekend has gone by! I can't believe tomorrow is Monday again already. Not enough weekendss!! but then again, I have to be thankful because I have a job, though... so, less complaining please! hehehe :)

Anyway, just recently some of my girlfriends and I have decided to 'start' our own party planner business. Since we have a lot of bridal showers, weddings and one baby shower on the way (who knows there will be a lot more next year?? *hints to my married friends! hehehe) those events will be the perfect occasion for us to have trial-and-errors.

As a result of our ideas, we decided to help a friend to plan a baby shower for her big sis at the end of August. Last Saturday I stayed at home for the day, and made handmade invitations for the event. We are also scheduled to decorate and entertain the guests for the events as well, so I am currently doing a research as we speak for activities and games to be played on the day. If anyone of you has an idea, please feel free to let me know! I need all the help I can get my hands on!

Because the shower is for a baby girl, I've decided to use pink as the main color scheme for the event. However, since the mother-to-be is not a big fan of pink, I splashed pastel green here and there for accent.



The invitation itself was created with Christina Re range of paper couture. I got the idea of the invitation from my Bible bookmark, because it's small, compact and people are able to put it in their bible (I do that, by the way hehe) for keepsakes. I was about to print the wording, and then found out that my printer is out of ink!!!! So... I handwrote them. All 40 pieces of it! took me ages... (Lesson no 1: check ink level in your printer!). I've uploaded some of the pics here, but excuse my camera... it's not that clear. I'll took some better pictures later alongside the decorations and stuff for our so-called 'portfolio' :)

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with the result, however I felt that I can do better if I have more time. I can only go shopping for the papers and ribbons on Saturday since that's the only day I'm free... I hope the recipients for the invitations love them as well! So we can go on and designed some more... and maybe one day it can be a full-time job... who knows, right?

I have already bought some blank canvases... to finish my delayed craft project hopefully by this coming weekend. Stay tune for the finished results :)

Oh, and I've been thinking about what the business name should be... How does Euphoria sound?






Share/Save/Bookmark

4 thoughts:

Oh for the love of food! said...

Hey Tazh! I absolutely LOVVVVVVVVVVVE the baby shower invitations you made, its got a vintage feel to it, the color combination is gorgeous, the powder pink ribbon delightful. I think it's wonderful that you are exploring the possibility of a Party Planning Business, and the name 'Euphoria' is spot on! If there is anything I can help you with in the future, please do not hesitate to ask.
Unfortunately, I would'nt be able to attend Xenia's Baby Shower as I will be away on vacation from this coming weekend for 3 weeks. Thanks for inviting me though, I hope there will be photos to look at when I return!

Anonymous said...

Euphoria sounds good.

I like what you're doing - it's very fulfilling and at the same time you're helping people prepare for a really special day. Best of luck to you!

How about writing an article about what you're doing for the Goddess website? :)

joy
The Goddess In You

PangTama said...

Euphoria is good!!..have to think what other service we can offer :)

kezia*anastasia said...

Carol - thanks for loving it :) means a lot to me! so you're going on holidays?? so jealouusss.. where are you going?? have fun, i'll take lots of pictures for you to look at :)

Joy - thanks for the encouragement! that's a good idea... i'll make an article about Euphoria to be posted to your website! :)

Fang - exciting yahhhhhhh? hehehhe. let's do this, fang! i know we can :)