July 21, 2007

The wait is OFFICIALLY over!

Yes, that's right people! The wait for Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows is officially over. The final series of the book has been released today at 7:01 am (Perth time) in every bookstores in WA.

Being a fan of Harry Potter myself, I woke up today at 6, got ready and headed straight to Dymocks Carousel (thank God, it's only 2 minutes away from my house!) on foot. It was cold, dark and raining heavily! I forgot my umbrella, so I ran to Carousel and got soaked wet. Thank goodness I have my sweatshirt on, my ugg boots and my beanie so it wasn't that bad.

When I arrived there, there were already a sea of Harry Potter fans waiting anxiously outside the Carousel gate. Some of them even dressed up as the characters in the book! I saw Dumbledore, Tonks, Snape (YES!), Professor McGonagall, Professor Trelawny (seriously! hahaha), Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley, Cedric Diggory, Gryffindor squads and even Slytherins!





Kok gak ada yg dressed up jadi Dolores Umbridge yah? hihihi that would be funny.

The gate was opened at 7:05. 4 minutes late from the scheduled release. Some fans were furious and start yelling towards the security guards. It wasn't pleasant! Chill people, you'll get your book!!!

Anyhoo, I managed to get my hands on the book at approximately 7:10. Thank God I pre-ordered it so I didn't have to get in line for payments and stuff. Lisyen managed to call me at 7:01 sharp to ask "Did you get it already????" hahahaha :D you would have to wait to read yours yah syen... Sorry to hear that...

I had to go to the post office at 8.45, so I decided to sit down at Coffee Club... ordered a Green Tea. Sipped my tea and read the book all the way to chapter 3 (at the moment). Everyone in Coffee Club was reading Harry Potter! It was crazy.





I managed to get a few pictures wif my phone. Sorry, it's not that great! But at least you'll get an idea on what I'm talking about.

For those people who asked me to do things with them today... Sorry, I have a date wif Harry Potter today :) I'll try to read as much as I can today since I have things to do tonight. Sorry that I have to turned offers down...

Ok, so now... I'm going into a hibernate mode and enjoy Harry Potter. For those of you who already have a copy of the book, ENJOY! :)

See ya peeps!



Share/Save/Bookmark

0 thoughts: