July 29, 2007

Nothing but the truth.

As a sanguine-melancholic individual, I often trusted my 'guts' and my so-called intuition more than anything in this world. Oftenly, I got caught up so easily towards something, and fell flat on the face... and how many times I pledge not to let that happened again, yet I found myself in a similar kind of situation?

You think you know someone so well, to find out there's heaps more about those person that you didn't actually know about. You think you had it good, to find out that you didn't. You think you were on the right track, to find out that you were NOT. You assume assume assume and assume.

That's why I'm so easy to please AND to disappoint. It doesn't take much to make me happy (seriously). People always said, just bring me my favorite food and I'll be alright (well, sometime that IS just the case. hehehe) but of course, I often found myself being disappointed by people around me, again and again. Worse, I let my self down all the time.

Actually, that's the whole truth. I let myself down all the time. People don't disappoint me... it's what I expect of them that disappoints me. My expectations disappoint me.

I think, we can always expect high standards from God alone yah... You can't put that measurement to human beings as they will never be perfect. You should put your expectations in God alone, that should be more than enough. He's the one who completes you.

I remembered that I read in a book (I can't remember the title on top of my head now) that we shouldn't rely our happiness on other people. It's like, you expect someone to complete you. To understand you, to never hurt you (purposely or not). The ugly truth is: no one will be great enough to do that. NO ONE will ever be that perfect.

Don't get me wrong... I'm not suggesting you to go on a solitary mode and have no human interactions whatsoever. I'm telling you for not being TOO clingy on something. We're human beings, no matter how independent we are, we will always need others. We can't never live alone. Being independent is good though, it's like an achievement in a way, but trust me you can never live by yourself.

But you just told me not to rely on anyone???

Proverbs 4:23 said:

"Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life."

Never trust someone else with your heart, for it is clearly stated in the verse... 'guard your heart'. God is telling YOU (yes, yourself!) to guard your heart. Believe me, I know how it feels to put your heart, emotions, thoughts, feelings to someone else's hands and you ended getting hurt badly. Oh, but of course you can't do it alone... that's why God's here to complete you :)

Life is a leap of faith though... Some mistakes are allowed to be made because He wants us to learn from it (jangan kaya saya yah yang agak lemot gini, lama bener belajarnya hehehe) but the good news is: when you are going the wrong way, God always allows U-turn kok :) He will always catch you when you fall, I know that for sure.

And in the words of my good friend, Laras (and I quote her directly on this one! love ya nyonkkkk!):

"And as for my heart, I will guard it with all diligence. If I ever fall, I will let God mend what's broken. After all, 24 years living this life, He never failed to do it. Not even once."

Ditto :)




Share/Save/Bookmark

0 thoughts: