June 01, 2008

If Only by Shahril Nizam

I found this poem written in my lil sis blog - which is still under construction, it's literally blank with nothing in it yet - so I won't give you guys the address until she says she's ready to 'share' her blog with the rest of the world (please let it be soon, dear sis!).

Anyway, this poem is writted by Shahril Nizam, a Malaysian poet, who is relatively quite young. You can read all about him here. My lil sis promised to get me his book in Malaysia because I'm afraid they didn't sell his books here... So, I'm waiting on your promise alrite sisss?? I found this poem VERY romantic and sad at the same time. I think it described that 'agony' and 'desperation' of being in love and wanting to let that someone know about it (or not).

What can I say, I am a hopeless romantic at heart :P

If Only (For Love)

If our hearts were to meet,
Let them fall at my feet,
For I’d gain with good measure,
All my pain for this pleasure –

And I shall embrace,
The grim and the grace;
Our earth and the ether;
The nay and the nether –

Through life’s shifting dunes,
Or time’s passing moons
I’d take this fair journey,
For love and love only. –

(by Shahril Nizam, "If Only", Page 137)


XoXo, Kezia Anastasia

Share/Save/Bookmark

0 thoughts: