June 02, 2008

Blog of The Month

Hola everyone! :)

One of my favorite free-time activities is blog-walking. I love to visit my friend's blog, my friends' friend's blog, my friends' friend's friend's blog (confused already?). I'm sure you get the idea hehe.

I love to read about their days, their thoughts, their creativities. Most of the time, inspired me to do something, change it or just to create something. After all, in life we are pre-destined to do something - to make a difference in the world. I'm sure a blog is one way to do it.

As you probably noticed, I've put a hit-counter on my blog. To be honest, I'm a little bit surprised to see how many visits I've got for this blog.. It's over 1300! I'm not sure whether that's really what happened, or the hit-counter mis-calculated somehow... but I'm pretty happy. A friend of a friend, which I've been introduced to and met briefly, actually e-mailed me saying that she likes to read my blog and it actually inspired her (you know who you are yaaa.. thanks bgt lho.. I'm very flattered!)

Anyhoo, those kind words from a friend actually gave me encouragement to write more and inspired me to do this 'Blog of The Month' featurette. I want to acknowledge those blogs I've read that entertained me, inspired me and encouraged me :) As the title suggested, I would do this monthly. You are more than welcome to 'refer' me to a certain blog that might be encouraging to you and I will definitely look into it.

So here goes, the first 'Blog of The Month' award goes to...
*drum rolls please*

My very best-friend's blog, 'Crafty Hands' by PangTama.

*applause applause*

I've known her from the first day I arrived in Perth - knew no one, a lil bit scared and intimidated by the fact that I'll be living here alone without my family - but this lovely girl was there and she was one of my first friends in Perth. We lived together for a quite a while, shared hobbies and interests (thank goodness not in guys ya! hahaha) and we've been through a lot. I've seen her grow into a more mature and beautiful *married* woman and it's been an awesome journey being her friend.

Anyhoo, since I first knew her, I've noticed her love for anything crafty and beautiful. She would spend hours looking at Architectural books and admiring them, spend hours playing The Sims to create beautiful 'virtual' home, created something magnificent from scraps - and now, she's beginning to start doing it seriously. Her blog started as a wedding preparation blog called 'Tying-D-Knot' which mainly records her wedding preparations, and some random thoughts in her mind. But as her love for crafts grew, she dedicated her blog more to her crafts now which I totally dig! Check out her blog for some seriously wicked crafts such as beads, clutches, pillow-cases and bags - and yes, she accept orders as well!

She wanted to actually have a proper business involving crafts. She has one at the moment, along side my other beautiful friend, Lisyen. But I'm sure that Fang will actually make it one day - be someone she wants to be and do something that she loves for a living :)

So there you go friends, the Blog of The Month for June. Be sure to visit her blog and leave her encouraging comments. I am hoping to keep this feature every month dilligenty and please please feel free to recommend good blogs to me!

Long weekend is over (what a bummer!) and I'm off to la-la-land now because tomorrow is working-my-ass-off day again. I hope you guys had a great long weekend. I'll be sure to post about mine here in my blog shortly, so stay tuned!

Have a good night everybody! Sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite :)

XoXo, Kezia Anastasia


Share/Save/Bookmark

1 thoughts:

PangTama said...

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...BLOG OF THE MONTH!!!! WAWAWAWAWA.....
Im so flaterred and honoured to be your blog of the month!!! YEAYYY!!!

xoxo,
-FF-