February 16, 2008

23 Going 30?

I have just been talking to a friend of mine lately about how our lives has developed over the years without us even realizing it.

It seemed like it's only yesterday when we were at our college years... then uni years... with all the stress of assignments and exams, with all of those glorified day-offs, staying up late at uni to work on ur assignment even though you end chatting in MSN or browsing through Friendster (yeap, Facebook was not even IT at that time), juggling between school and full time job... man, what a life!

And now suddenly you'll find yourself to be almost 24 years old (OK, I admit.. that's only me!) with a bachelor degree and a full time job. You basically don't want to go out and play on weekday nights due to tiredness (I don't even know how to anymore! ahaha), you kinda hate dressing up for some reason, you tend to eat MORE, you love to stay in with a good movie and a homecook meal, you don't have the strength to go out and shop around during weekends (that's a good thing for me!)... to cut the story short - u became a lazy bum :P

Time goes by so quickly, and before you know it, you'll be like... 30. Wait, that's a scary thought! Hahaha. But it's trueee... What if you wake up and realize that you haven't achieved what you want to achieved.. you haven't done what you want to do... you'll never know right?

That's why, I'm compiling a list of things that I want to do before I'm 30. Here goes...
  1. Buy a car in 2008 (happening!)
  2. Buy a house here in Perth in two years time (if I decide to stay here for a long long long time, that is)
  3. To learn Chinese and French
  4. Get a tattoo, and yes, I'm serious.
  5. Visit US at least once more with my friends
  6. To adopt another Compassion child - and actually visit them in real life
  7. To actually lose those extra pounds on me... for good!
  8. To do a culinary course - and master it
  9. Own my small business with my best friends
  10. Visit Europe with mum and sis
  11. To reach that digits in my bank account
  12. Maybe... study again?
  13. To be able to pay my sister's tuition fee
  14. Have a dog here in Perth
  15. To climb up that career ladder. I'll get there someday!
  16. To actually try out for Australian Idol... I'm just curious about it!
  17. Oh... and, to get a boyfriend and get married. HAHAHA. I almost forgot that one!
  18. To enjoy every second of your life to the max - that's an ongoing process
  19. To be better.. and better.. and better - that's also an ongoing process)
  20. To learn piano at same stage. I have a very minimum knowledge of keys and chords it's embarassing
  21. To actually stick to this list and crossed it off one by one :P
That is for now I guess... I'm pretty sure that I'll be adding some more to it and when I'm 30, I'll make the list of things to do before I turn... er... 40?




Share/Save/Bookmark

0 thoughts: