December 12, 2007

I have seen the light!

No, no... this posting is not about The ROCKS's last year Christmas musical which had the same title.

If you have been staying in WA in the month of December, you might know about the fact that WA held an annual Christmas Lights competition for the houses. So basically, what happen is that the houses will be decorated in Christmas lights and what-nots to compete for the best every year. At night, the lights will be on until about 10pm, for people to visit and they can vote online on which house they like the best.

Every year before everyone went back for Christmas holidays, my friends and I always circled around Perth, 'hunting' for those Christmas lights houses. We downloaded a list of the address from a website, and went searching for them. Our survival kit those nights were our maps, because most of the houses are located in the suburbs that we (sometimes) never heard of. So, it's a christmas lights hunting with a twist :P

So, I'm planning to go again this year. My must visit suburb would be Joondalup (which I reckon the best decorated ones!). I already downloaded a list from The West Australian Newspaper for the addresses of the houses. You can get it from the link below, and I also posted some pics I get from The West for your eyes' indulgement :)




Aren't they gorgeous? The only thing missing is winter... Yes Australia, keep on dreaming of a white Christmas!

Apart from their beauty, I was just wondering... how much do they spend on electric bills??



Share/Save/Bookmark

0 thoughts: