July 08, 2008

It's my party and I'd cry if I want to

Twenty four.

is the amount of hours in a day.
is that famous TV series about that dude, Jack Bauer.
is the number of months in my mobile phone contract.
is 2 x 12, or 3 x 8, or even 4 x 6

Twenty four.

is how old I am now.

Today is indeed, my birthday. One year older, but none the wiser. It feels so weird because I actually didn't feel the 'hype' and excitement of having a birthday. I slept early last night at 11 pm, and couldn't even wake up to answer calls or sms-es. I woke up with one missed call and five birthday sms-es in my mobile.

Today was just an ordinary day. Actually, I could say that I had a bad day at work. Everything was just wrong, orders were late, suppliers were pushing the due date further, salespeoples were panicking out and pushing my patience to the limit. To add to that, my colleagues at work didn't even know that today's my birthday.

I did tell one of my colleague that it's my birthday, in the end. And I told her that I don't want to make a big deal out of it... She kept it hush-hush, but soon enough the whole department was wishing me birthday wishes. And to my surprise, as I went back from lunch (alone, that is!), they prepared me a birthday present! A beautiful rose with beads bracelet and matching earrings! 

Today was simply just an ordinary day... the only difference is I am one year older. What made the day special were the birthday wishes from all my friends around the world.. even those ones that I have not been in contact in years left a message on my facebook wall (thank goodness for facebook! hahaha). Earlier this week I got an early birthday present from my sis in Malaysia, and my mom and dad just bought me a digital camera for my birthday! I'm gonna have it real soon :) yaaaayy..

Everyday is full of decisions. Of course, those negative situation above could affect my birthday mood. It's my party and I'll cry if I want to. But hey, nobody is gonna rain in my parade! so I chose to be happy in my birthday and relax :)

Thanks so much for the birthday wishes guys.. through sms-es, phone calls, facebook wall comments, friendster comments, even from your nick on messenger :) It is true, your family and friends are the ones who made your world, no matter where you are. I am officially twenty four years old and trully blessed  :) 

One hour and seven minutes to go, and I'm no longer the birthday girl.


XoXo, Kezia Anastasia

Share/Save/Bookmark

1 thoughts:

AbigaiL said...

Happy Birthday, girl! Sorry for saying it late.. may this year be a blessed year for your career, your love, your dreams, and your future! GBU always!