September 11, 2007

On medication

For the last week and a half, I've been down with this throat infection virus thingy and still am at this moment. The virus managed to knock me out last week, resulting in a full week of work absences, two doctor visits, and a week of bed-rest and 'home-arrest'.

The two doctors I saw told me the exact same thing: "It's a virus and antibiotics won't cure it. You just have to take it easy, drink plenty of water, and get some rest. Do not overworked or overstressed yourself because it's only going to make it worse." No antibiotics... greatttttt. No quick way to cure this because the doctors told me "it's going to take you a while to be 100%". Great.

Some problems in life are just like this virus, don't you think? No quick way of curing your disappointments, no antibiotics. Like a friend who broke a promise he made from a long time ago just like that, or an ex-boyfriend who moved on too quickly, or the pain and agony of being away from your loved ones, to have a near-death experience, being pissed off at someone but couldn't do anything, or being pressured by work and your boss... y'know, those kinds of things.

You wished you'll get over it quickly. Painless. But the reality is.. it won't be that easy. There's not antibiotics to cure it, the only way is for you to chill, take your time.. take it easy. But life's gotta move on. The world does not stop for your grief...

So for now, I'm just going to take it easy... thank goodness I have the new super-thick US Vogue with me tonight, to help me rest and 'take my mind off things' :)




Share/Save/Bookmark

0 thoughts: