May 22, 2010

Surprise Surprise!

Two weeks ago, my little sister and I decided to surprise our mom for her birthday. Being overseas, both of us more than often missed her birthday for years. She's a very simple person, doesn't demand branded materials - we thought hard and so we decided to give her what she loves best: us being home.

I flew AirAsiaX from Perth to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia to pick up my sis. The airplane is actually quite good! I had a good fortune of not having anyone to sit on my row at all, so I have three seats all to myself! This happened again on the flight back to Perth. Praise God :-) 

I stopped by at Kuala Lumpur for one day. It felt so good to see my little sister :-) Despite our big age gap, we're actually really close to each other. She went to the hotel where I stayed, which is Park Royal Hotel in the Bukit Bintang area, and we spent the whole day shopping and eating. Thankfully we stayed in the CBD area where it's very close to The Pavilion and Suria KLCC. When she checked on her Pokewalker, I think we walked about 123,000 steps that day. Good exercise for all the eating I did.



We went back to Jakarta the next day, which was mom's birthday. I've already ordered an airport pick-up service with Golden Bird (very professional service, I must say) because I don't want to bother anyone to pick us up, besided, I'm scared that the surprise would be ruined by any slip-ups. The only one who knew about our plan was my dad. 

My sis actually lied to my mom - she said that she won't be coming back home for holiday because she will be going to Melaka with her friends. Mom was very sad when she heard it. Sorry Mom, we had to lie! My dad, who works in Bali, also postponed his trip back home so that he can be together with us when we're back.

Anyway, my sis and I both text messaged mom 'happy birthday' in the morning. We also sent her some Orchids (courtesy of my friend's florist business - Darling Buds of May). She really didn't suspect anything. When we arrived, my dad peeked through the blinds and called my mom to come outside because "her birthday present is here".



She was still in her pyjamas - my sis and I hid so that she couldn't see us. She came out and looked around "What is it? I didn't see anything". That's when my sis and I came out and shout "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!". She literally screamed! She ran to the gates and hugged me and sis. Ah, that was the best part of my holiday trip :-)

Sis and I managed to surprise a few more people during the trip - my aunties, uncles and my grandma. A pretty fruitful one! Hehe. We got to spend the whole holiday trip mostly with mom and dad, which was awesome. Until this moment, I still felt like I left my heart there. Almost cried when I was on the plane back to Perth... but, I'm going home again in October for one of my best friend's wedding :-) Can't wait!

Pictures worth a thousand words - so I let these pictures below do the telling on what we did on our surprise visit :-)


No wonder it's hard for me to lose weight... *sigh*

XoXo, Kezia Anastasia
Share/Save/Bookmark

7 thoughts:

Unknown said...

Awesome Picture!!

At FashionPosh.com we carry tops, bottoms, coats, sweaters, dresses, and cardigans of all kinds- Winter Leather Coats

jus manggis xamthone said...

so delicious...

obat herbal kanker kelenjar getah bening said...

terimakasih atas info yang telah diberikan untuk kami, infonya sangat bermanfaat sekali

pengobatan alami darah tinggi said...

bagus yah ,,

tanks infonya gan :)

tolong mampir juga yah

Cara pemesanan jelly gamat said...

waw ,, nyamiii ...

Anonymous said...

Hello there, I discovered your web site by the use of Google at
the same time as searching for a similar topic, your site
got here up, it seems to be good. I've bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.
Hello there, simply turned into alert to your weblog through Google, and found that it is really informative. I'm going to be careful for brussels.
I'll appreciate in the event you continue this in future. A lot of other folks will likely be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

Have a look at my site: meladerm review

Anonymous said...

thanks for information